I compiled this list about a year ago. The two main Satanic groups in the US, The Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple, have their Eleven Satanic Rules and the Seven Tenets, respectively. Since Satanism is such an individualistic religion, I thought it would be beneficial to make a list of my own values and general guidelines to life which are most important to me as a Satanist.
I quite enjoyed making this list. I learned some things about myself I hadn’t realized, and I also discovered things I need to work on in order to keep my Light and my Shadow on good terms. So here are my nine Satanic principles I strive to live my life by:
- Fuck The Man.
- You are responsible for your own choices.
- Sex and sexual desires are to be discussed openly and without shame.
- My body is my own.
- Object to that which affects you or your loved ones adversely.
- Don’t waste energy on pointless arguments.
- Creativity is a trait to be treasured and cultivated.
- Face that which is uncomfortable.
- You are the most important person in your life.
Over the year I’ll go over these in greater detail. For now, here’s the big picture for you to ponder.